A Better Brighter Headlight bulb

Talk about or show off your custom modifications.
BottleCap
Prospect

Re: A Better Brighter Headlight bulb

Postby BottleCap » March 16th, 2012, 9:12 pm

Yep. It's brighter, whiter, longer and wider. :mrgreen: Like I was riding with a candle by comparison.
Driving a 2005 C50 enginecycle.

brandoguitarist
Hang Around

Postby brandoguitarist » April 3rd, 2012, 9:22 am

Okay, I've wondered about this...i wanted to look into a brighter bulb. I also talked about having a backup in my saddlebag just in case it went out. I was told that I can't replace the bulb, that I have to replace the whole housing. is that true? is it possible that my stock light was replaced with something like that? I'm still a newbie and I'm confused!

Also, I've been looking at a light bar, but I'm not sure about how its gonna fit with my windshield. National Cycle windshield, pretty sure its the original. Any suggestions, advice?

brandoguitarist
Hang Around

Postby brandoguitarist » April 3rd, 2012, 9:23 am

brandoguitarist wrote:Okay, I've wondered about this...i wanted to look into a brighter bulb. I also talked about having a backup in my saddlebag just in case it went out. I was told that I can't replace the bulb, that I have to replace the whole housing. is that true? is it possible that my stock light was replaced with something like that? I'm still a newbie and I'm confused!

Also, I've been looking at a light bar, but I'm not sure about how its gonna fit with my windshield. National Cycle windshield, pretty sure its the original. Any suggestions, advice?

Probably shoulda mentioned i'm on a 2003 VL800

Da-Mack
Patched

Postby Da-Mack » April 3rd, 2012, 6:33 pm

It should just have a bulb. Look in the fix it book and then go open your head light bucket. If you can do that and see a bulb in there then you have a bulb. Old old bikes like in the 80's and before had sealed beam lights and you had to replace the entire light, glass and all.
"I got vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals"
Lead an extraordinary life.
2002 Volusia...Red/Black...the red bikes are the fastest!
1975 Yamaha XS500

ds_ohio
Prospect

Postby ds_ohio » April 7th, 2012, 3:29 pm

after reading this thread, i reallized half of my driving is in the dark, as well. so i snagged a pair of the Sylvania Silverstar Ultra 9003/HB2 SU from Amazon for $36.00. came today, put one in, and took a ride. i run my high beams during the day, and its a perfectly sunny day here, and I could see the reflection of the headlight from the street signs in broad daylight.

I am really looking forward to Monday morning. :shock:

ds_ohio
2009 Suzuki C50 Boulevard Special Edition Green/White

Return to “My Custom Mods”