Here I go again,,,

Want to talk about motorcycles that you own that aren't a C50 or a Volusia? Here's the spot for that.
Wrench
VOL Original

Here I go again,,,

Postby Wrench » August 24th, 2012, 8:55 am

No, not quite Whitesnake yet. I had posted a little while back that I had the itch for a big bike again, and was looking at a Victory. Well, the itch is getting scratched again, just not with a Vic. I went on a Ky. State Police poker run last Saturday. A couple of the guys that I rode with have recently bought Royal Star Ventures, so those of you that know me can tell where this is headed. After the issues/complications with my back surgery last year I had to part ways with my '04, that's when I bought the Roadstar. Anyway, to make a long story shorter, I've sold the Roadie and am going to be the owner of another Venture. Over the last 3 or so months my back has really loosened up and I have more motion and no more pain when riding. A KSP Lt. had just bought an '06 Venture, and has his '99 for sale. I couldn't believe how nice and clean this old bike is, and he just had about $1500 of work done on it, new tires and brakes, carbs rebuilt and boots replaced, and he replaced and upgraded the travel trunk, which was prone to vibration cracking on the '99-'00's. It's got 28k miles on it, and he bought it from the original owner, it's Bordeaux Red/Silver. I'll put a pic in my gallery. I'm getting excited about it, I still miss 'ol Blackie, hopefully I'll get to pick it up over the weekend.

Fletch
Patched

Re: Here I go again,,,

Postby Fletch » August 24th, 2012, 9:42 pm

Sounds nice, can't wait to see pics. Congrats!!!!

Wrench
VOL Original

Postby Wrench » August 24th, 2012, 10:47 pm

Thanks Fletch! Yeah, I delivered the Roadstar this afternoon, and am going tomorrow afternoon to pick up the Venture. I put a pick of it in my gallery, I still haven't figured out how to get a pic into a post.

Doc
Site Admin

Postby Doc » August 25th, 2012, 4:54 pm

Picking it up over the weekend? Heck, I wanted to see it in Maggie Valley!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Wrench
VOL Original

Postby Wrench » August 26th, 2012, 12:26 am

Well, it's all tucked in nice and snug in the garage tonite, Shadow took me to Lawrenceburg to pick it up yesterday afternoon, so all is right in the world of Wrench once again, (at least with bikes). It's a pretty sweet 'ol ride, just gotta do a little adjusting on the backrest and hiway pegs, but it feels like nothing ever changed. Doc, he put leveling links under the back, and it feels like it stiffened up the ride, along with raising it up almost an inch. He said it took care of the wobbles that the Ventures were prone to, and made it handle better in the curves. Do you recall anything about them from your Royal Star days? I'm trying to figure out what they change suspension-wise, maybe shock preload?? He also did the Progressive fork spring upgrade. I'm bummed about not making the RNR, but I'd been hoping this ride coming up would happen one day, we'll be in Pigeon Forge Sept. 11th-14th if anybody is around there. Another plus is that Cookie is going to try a short ride tomorrow, it's been almost 5 years since she rode. I REALLY miss her riding with me, and maybe this will help get her out and moving too.

Shady
NYSHIATOR!!!

Postby Shady » August 27th, 2012, 7:58 pm

Good for you Wrench. Good to here your health is better and you are getting a bike you will enjoy.

It is not what you pack, it is that you pack.
Hatred + Government + Disarmed Civilians = Genocide

Wrench
VOL Original

Postby Wrench » August 28th, 2012, 7:29 am

Thanks Shady! Yeah, I really liked the Roadstar, especially the sound of the Cobras, but I had missed the Venture for over a year now and had this opportunity come about. I gotta get some miles on it and get back used to the ride, heading out on a ride week after next.

Fletch
Patched

Postby Fletch » August 28th, 2012, 7:07 pm

Nice looking ride :D

Wrench
VOL Original

Postby Wrench » October 22nd, 2012, 11:10 pm

Well, the more I ride it the more I like it, deja vu all over again. Got some mods planned for this winter, freer flowing mufflers and air cleaners to help pep it up a bit. I found some chrome 4" K&N air cleaners that will slip right in place of the big stock "black boxes", and I'll probably modify another set of H/D mufflers like I did before. Just a little seat work, and a Clearview 'shield and it'll be all "mine".

Doc
Site Admin

Postby Doc » October 24th, 2012, 5:47 pm

Larry turned me onto Avon venoms for the Royal Star. Awesome tires. He also suggested I go with a slightly narrower front tire than stock. Made a big difference in handling. I always felt it drove like a truck before, but the narrower tire helped a lot.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Return to “Other Brands”