Rode an H-D today

Want to talk about motorcycles that you own that aren't a C50 or a Volusia? Here's the spot for that.
avinaftel
Prospect

Rode an H-D today

Postby avinaftel » December 20th, 2011, 7:22 pm

Its been awhile since I've been aboard a Harley. Last was my old 81' Ironhead (Not a nice ride). Today a buddy invited me to take his for a ride to see if I could determine something about the ride he thought might be a problem. Its an '04 106hp Soft Tail. More power than I'm generally used to but it moved through the gears nicely and was fairly easy to control, for a first time out. To say the least, I was impressed with the power, the handling and the balance was at least as good as my Vol. Changes my view somewhat on Harley's.

So what he described was a sort-of 'lurch' (but not really) when applying power on gear changes. I did notice something, maybe a slight bit of drag, nothing I would complain about or might even not have noticed had he not told me about it. Since I was looking for it, I found it. Personally, I thought it was just the nature of the beast and not an issue. He agrees but was curious.

Truth is, I did like that bike :o

Doc
Site Admin

Re: Rode an H-D today

Postby Doc » December 20th, 2011, 9:09 pm

A lurch like that could mean a clutch adjustment is in order. I can do mine blindfolded now. Why anyone would pay to adjust the clutch on a Harley is beyond me.

Love my Street Glide. Rides and handles well.

avinaftel
Prospect

Re: Rode an H-D today

Postby avinaftel » December 20th, 2011, 9:38 pm

Doc wrote:A lurch like that could mean a clutch adjustment is in order. I can do mine blindfolded now. Why anyone would pay to adjust the clutch on a Harley is beyond me.

Love my Street Glide. Rides and handles well.

Thanks, I'll pass that on. I certainly don't know the Harley gremlins as I do the Vol and BMWs.

Return to “Other Brands”