From Ontario Canada..!!

Introduce yourself here.
taysuzuki
Hang Around

From Ontario Canada..!!

Postby taysuzuki » June 14th, 2013, 6:44 pm

Greetings friends! I'm from a small town 1 hour from Toronto. I just, today, purchased a 2002 Volusia. Amazingly, this bike only has 3500, yes thirty-five hundred- kilometers. Thats about 2100 miles to your good folks south of the 49th parallel. Its in beautiful condition except for a couple of things. Because of the long storage, there is pitting on the front wheel. Should never have happened, but it did. Also some pitting on the backrest bracket. I would like to replace these asap. Any help with suppliers here in Ontario would be greatly appreciated. Any tips on fuel additives for my first long ride to get her home?
Also, there is some plastic from the cover melted to the muffler. Any ideas on how to remove this?
I'm very excited to purchase this bike. I was looking for a Boulevard, but this came along. Where can I get info on interchangeable parts?

This website is a fantastic resource and I will keep logged on, and offer any assistance to those who need it.
Thank you!
taysuzuki

Luvs2Play
Prospect

Re: From Ontario Canada..!!

Postby Luvs2Play » June 14th, 2013, 11:42 pm

Welcome from Nebraska

Try heating up the exhaust and using some oven cleaner on it. Just follow the instructions for cleaning an oven. Do not get it on anything else.

taysuzuki
Hang Around

Postby taysuzuki » June 15th, 2013, 8:11 pm

hey...thanks for the advice. I'll give the oven cleaner a try. Safe journeys.

Doc
Site Admin

Postby Doc » June 17th, 2013, 10:29 am

You wouldn't happen to be near Bolton would you? I've taken many a trip there for business. Another trick I found is to use 000 steel wool and WD-40. Try it in an inconspicuous area first of you're concerned about scratches. I've done this before and worked great and no scratches. Welcome aboard!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

taysuzuki
Hang Around

Postby taysuzuki » June 17th, 2013, 10:52 am

Hi there...Bolton is not that far, -maybe 50 minutes...and I have friends there. Thanks for the advice, and the nice welcome!

CMAZZ
Hang Around

Postby CMAZZ » January 29th, 2014, 9:13 pm

I have a 2008 C50 and put a set of Cobra exhaust, a Cobra F12000R, and a K & N filter and this gives it a little more get up and go.
I am based in Toronto.

taysuzuki
Hang Around

Postby taysuzuki » January 29th, 2014, 9:42 pm

That sounds ( literally) great. I'd like to put Cobra floorboards and a set of hiway lights on her as well. I missed the motorcycle show in Toronto recently, but I think there is another one soon.
thanks for your reply..

Return to “New Member Introductions”