A "reunion" of sorts

Wrench
VOL Original

A "reunion" of sorts

Postby Wrench » September 21st, 2014, 2:54 pm

The wife and I and another couple took a road trip last week. We wound up riding the Moonshiner 28 all the way down to Walhalla, SC. Guess who we met up with while we were there????? POPCYCLE!!! I had made some plans to meet up with him while we were there, so I called him when we got to Walhalla to get our meet set up. He got about halfway there and had a flat tire on his bike so we went to where he was to help him out. Long story short he rode the short seat with me back to his house to get his truck/trailer. I asked him when was the last time he'd had a passenger view, he said he didn't think he ever had. I told him even though we don't have RNR's anymore, we still need a Popcycle song about it. It sure did my old soul good to see him again and spend a little while talking.

v0lusia
VOL Original

Re: A "reunion" of sorts

Postby v0lusia » September 22nd, 2014, 4:12 pm

THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!

Did you get a reach around???? ;)
-Metal monsters that let us breathe. Let us smell. Keep us from being numb. - Zookoff
-Twisties give me happy pants
-
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Fletch
Patched

Postby Fletch » September 23rd, 2014, 10:05 am

Sounds great!!! Couldn't RNR be resurrected at a new location?

Doc
Site Admin

Postby Doc » September 24th, 2014, 3:24 pm

Man, I'm kinda jealous. I miss old popcycle. How was he doing? Still doing the side gig with this son? His wife still selling real estate? Sure wish he was active on Facebook, I'd love to catch up with him!

curvetracker
VOL Original

Postby curvetracker » September 25th, 2014, 5:35 pm

That's awesome Wrench; I had my own meet yesterday! I had lunch with Aubrey up in Ducktown, Tn.
02 volusia,83 nighthawk,07C90T

Wrench
VOL Original

Postby Wrench » October 28th, 2014, 7:20 am

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys, been kinda busy. I got my new right hip 2 weeks ago, still kinda wobbly, but getting better every day. Yeah, Pop is doing good, he said he was helping Helen a little with her real estate biz, and taking care of their granddaughter. We didn't get to visit for long, but it sure was good to see him. I get a link to Aubrey on LinkedIn once in a while, I need to send him a message sometime. After we left Pop's we came back up to Maggie Valley for the night, the next morning we passed the Applecover. Man, that sure makes me sad to see it closed, and I feel for Derrick and Amy and how it all went down. Doc, we had originally planned to come thru your neck of the woods, but changed routes at the last minute. My riding bud is already making plans for our trip next year, which looks like a LOT of riding in WV/Va, so we'll probably be looking up you, and maybe PoPo too. I get my staples out of my leg next week, so hopefully a test "throwover" with the bike ain't too far away. No vOlusia, no reacharound, I felt bad enough for him as it was having to deal with the flat tire. ;)

Return to “General Discussion”