I left a night light on for y'all

Fletch
Patched

I left a night light on for y'all

Postby Fletch » July 15th, 2014, 1:48 pm

Dropped by but no one was home. All the lights were on so I turned them off except for a night light. :lol:

Luvs2Play
Prospect

Re: I left a night light on for y'all

Postby Luvs2Play » July 16th, 2014, 1:19 am

Well, the light woke me up!

On to new news.

My 109 died on me a couple weeks ago, it did it a year ago too. They said it was fixed a year ago but it appears it wasn't. Since the shop owner appreciates us buying 11 bikes in the last four years, he gave me a loaner of my choice of used bikes on the floor while they were working on my 109 trying to figure it out.

The first week I rode a Yamaha Roadliner. That is a nice bike with a lot of power. I liked it except for the fact that the previous owner must have been about 7.5 feet tall. I had to sit on the tank to reach the gear shift. I rode it for a week, then decided to turn it back in.

The second week I was given a Kawasaki Concours to ride. It's an older one that still sports the 1000 cc engine. The bike is immaculate, not a scratch on it. Just not my style of riding, so Sunday I took it back and was checking on my 109 to see if there was any progress. The only thing they know is that the gas boils in the tank, there is no explanation other than that.

I am walking around the showroom and see a Victory that wasn't there the week before so I sit on it. I liked it, to say the least. One of the salesmen just told me to start it up and listen to it. They took it in on a trade last Friday and hadn't even got it logged in or serviced. I got off of it and walked around a little more since I was waiting for my wife to show up, but there wasn't any other bikes that I could see that interested me in the least. There were a lot of people looking at the Victory, and several started it up. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do so I grabbed a sold sign they had there and stuck it on it. The salesmen there are all friends of ours since we shop there a lot saw what I did with the sign, but didn't say anything because he figured I was going to buy it after I filled out a bid sheet. When my wife walked through the door, he ran over and told her I bought another bike. All she said was "which one?" and didn't even act surprised.

After a little negotiation, I became the owner of a 2008 Victory Vegas with 8,000 miles on it and every bit of chrome there was available. It has the hydraulic clutch added to it and I don't know what else yet. I don't pick it up until Saturday, and will not have to worry about the 109 leaving me stranded again. They gave me almost enough for it to buy the Vegas, and I didn't pay that much for it 1.5 years ago.

Here be the pics I have so far.

Fletch
Patched

Postby Fletch » July 16th, 2014, 8:21 am

Sweet!!! Congratulations, those are nice bikes :D

Doc
Site Admin

Postby Doc » July 16th, 2014, 10:51 am

Awesome! Love the look of that bike.

Rob
VOL Original

Postby Rob » July 16th, 2014, 6:53 pm

Congrats, L2P, enjoy!

Gotta hand it to Victory, they understand this chrome thing. I had to put on my sunglasses just to fully appreciate the pics! lol
2014 black & chrome HD ultra, 12" mini-apes, 4" Rinehart Racing exhaust, BSEG!!
2003 black & chrome Suzuki Volusia

Metal monsters that let us breathe... -- Zook, a well-remembered VOL Original

Luvs2Play
Prospect

Postby Luvs2Play » July 19th, 2014, 3:30 am

It's 3:15 AM, I just came in from pulling the rear seat and backrest, removing the rear pegs, lowering the windshield, and giving the new Vic a complete wash and Rejex job.

Forgot, put highway pegs on it too.

Time for a shower, in a few hours I will meet the new owner of the Vulcan 900, thinning the herd.

Return to “General Discussion”