Tell us about your last ride

Fletch
Patched

Tell us about your last ride

Postby Fletch » May 27th, 2014, 5:16 pm

Mine was a short one last Sunday, rode the bike to church. Only about 20 miles round trip but was enjoyable. Saw lots of bikes in the road, if I didn't need to get back home I would have probably taken the long way :D

Luvs2Play
Prospect

Re: Tell us about your last ride

Postby Luvs2Play » May 28th, 2014, 5:29 pm

Yesterday I rode four different bikes on the same 24 mile ride around the block to warm them up to change the oil. Today I rode 25 miles each way to work and home. Tomorrow I will ride just a hair farther because my sister is in town and I am going to go see her and two nieces before they head back to Texas. Friday will be to work and back. Not exciting, but a heck of a lot cheaper than the pickup!

Rob
VOL Original

Postby Rob » May 28th, 2014, 8:27 pm

Just the daily commute to work, about 25 mins each way and by far the best part of my day!

Had to dodge a step ladder that fell off of a truck this morning on I-40. Just another routine swerve, thank God!
2014 black & chrome HD ultra, 12" mini-apes, 4" Rinehart Racing exhaust, BSEG!!
2003 black & chrome Suzuki Volusia

Metal monsters that let us breathe... -- Zook, a well-remembered VOL Original

Fletch
Patched

Postby Fletch » May 28th, 2014, 8:43 pm

Luvs2play and Rob, any ride is better than no ride, even a short one.
Rain storms here the next 4 - 5 days so no riding for me for a few days.

Luvs2Play
Prospect

Postby Luvs2Play » May 29th, 2014, 8:37 pm

Rain this weekend, going to ride the Honda 360 to work tomorrow. Have to do my Fonz imitation,

Fletch
Patched

Postby Fletch » May 30th, 2014, 6:12 am

Luvs2Play wrote:Rain this weekend, going to ride the Honda 360 to work tomorrow. Have to do my Fonz imitation,

:lol: :lol: stay away from the shark tank

Doc
Site Admin

Postby Doc » May 30th, 2014, 7:53 am

My wife climbed on the back and we rode Sunday for about 90 miles or so to pay a visit to my son-in-law's grandparents. They had invited us over for the day. I took as many back roads as possible and it was very enjoyable. My wife isn't a big fan of riding, but every once in a while, she enjoys it as well. Not sure when the next ride will be. I've got a lot of stuff to do. Need to finish back filling around the pool, I have a room remodel to finish, and I'm helping a friend move next weekend.

Ratboy859
Prospect

Friday 5/30/14

Postby Ratboy859 » May 31st, 2014, 7:43 am

Day off of work: Went to the doctor's office for a check up (all was well). Went to Harbor Freight to get the 'freebie' with coupon and had a 25% off - so I also picked up the plastic fuel line dis-connector things. Then I went to the elementary school to get my youngest (so he wouldn't have to ride the bus on a Friday). 15 miles of commuting around the community. Always better than a cage!

Fletch
Patched

Postby Fletch » May 31st, 2014, 9:43 am

There has. Been no riding here all week, rain and more rain. Forecast shoes rain for several more days.
Some areas have already flooded, more rain will make that worse. Hopefully next weekend will be better.

Ratboy859
Prospect

About 90 Miles Today (1 June 14)

Postby Ratboy859 » June 1st, 2014, 2:51 pm

Went down 321 South towards the Historic Brattonsville area. Find some skydivers floating in the air and went that way....got to the Chester-Catawba Regional Airport and saw some nice jumps.

As I headed home, I found this abandoned store in Lowry's, SC. Very interesting find.

Weather was pleasant and then the clouds starting building. Not expecting rain....just clouds. It was a good ride.

Return to “General Discussion”